Why Contact the Council?

A private fostering arrangement can be a positive response from friends and the local community to a family in need of support.

However, any child separated from their parents is potentially vulnerable and it is a legal requirement for people who make arrangements for their children, or receive children in this way, to notify Warrington Borough Council.

Social work staff can then make sure that the arrangement is suitable (carers and their household are safe individuals and they will look after the child well) and offer support to all parties.

If not suitable, parents will be asked to make other arrangements for their child and an assessment of risk may be necessary if the child remains.

Attached in the’ Useful Links’ area of this page is a leaflet which will give you more information and incorporates a notification form for you to use to refer concerns / issues to the council.