What councils will do
Within seven days a social worker will visit the carer and child, and contact the parent in order to:
- Gather information for welfare checks.
- Inspect the accommodation.
- Check the carer and parents are clear about the length of the arrangement and how the child is to be supported financially.
- Interview the child alone to check they feel safe and well cared for.
- Check that arrangements have been made for the child’s health and
- Check that arrangements have been made for the child to keep in contact with parents.